Italian Cultural and Creative Industries

Santovito, Fulvia Italian Cultural and Creative Industries. Journal of Creative Industries and Cultural Studies - JOCIS, 2017, n. 1, pp. 104-113. [Journal article (Paginated)]

Text (General sector / industry description)
JOCIS-1-104-113-Fulvia-Santovito.pdf - Published version
Available under License Creative Commons Attribution.

Download (799kB) | Preview

English abstract

Italian cultural and creative industries are growing both in terms of economic value –-reaching 2.96% of the national GDP in 2015- and employment --attesting over one million people. These figures are quite optimistic, especially compared to the other Italian manufacturing sectors, which places cultural and creative industries in a significant position of the country’s economic landscape. In 2015, the Italian cultural and creative sector recorded a total economic value of 47.9 billion euros. 86% is direct revenues derived from activities directly linked to the creative chain such as conception, production and distribution of cultural and creative works and services. The remaining 14% comes from indirect revenues related to ancillary or ancillary assets. Direct economic values of all the creative and cultural sectors have been growing since 2015, only except the newspapers and periodicals –-this sector showed more than 8% drop. The sector that grew most in terms of direct economic value was music. The cultural and creative industries are ranked third in Italy from an occupational point of view after the construction sector and catering and hotel industry. Thanks to the important intellectual contribution, the creative industry is characterized by a high concentration of human capital.

Item type: Journal article (Paginated)
Keywords: Italy, Cultural industries; Creative industries, Economic value, Employment, Sector, Revenues, Music.
Subjects: G. Industry, profession and education. > GA. Information industry.
G. Industry, profession and education. > GD. Organizations.
Depositing user: Tomàs Baiget
Date deposited: 28 Jun 2019 13:59
Last modified: 28 Jun 2019 13:59


Downloads per month over past year

Actions (login required)

View Item View Item